Friday, September 2, 2011

No More Monks Rock

I ended up riding all the way here, the hitchhiking was uneventful. No More Monks Rock is pretty damn cool, slabby and technical climbing. There are apparently quite a few bolted routes here but as I arrived in the wet season the crag was completely overgrown! It would've taken me a week to hack a path all around. So with that, I didn't get to boulder or climb anything. I was a bit disheartened by this but I will return, in the dry season :D The locals scared me a bit at first, they weren't that welcoming. But by the time I left the place I wanted to go back already. They sent me on my way with a bag of fruit, for free, which is a huge gesture as they have stuff all money! I think setting up a hammock there would have been no problem but with the storm that was rolling in in front of me I didn't want to hang around. If you get a chance to visit here it's worth a look! The guide can be bought at Monument Books in Phnom Penh, titled 'Rock Climbing in Cambodia'.
https://picasaweb.google.com/106001755551781095515/Cambodia 
Check out my photos of Cambodia to see the rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment