Friday, July 22, 2011

Reaching 'that' point.

I've hit it, the excited less then 3 weeks to go stage...aaaaand bringing up the rear is the ugly head of "Have you got everything, squire?"(english accent, for those who want my conscience to have character). Yes, going on an adventure like this and not planning anything, in the the wet season, is bound to have endless mishaps. Preparing for the rain, probably the most life giving pain in the arse when travelling like I want to. But, I have all my wet gear, for me and my bag. Couple of ground mats, probably won't be camping much but you never know. All my climbing gear, check. That was easy but also spawns a new problem of space...it destroys it. Just sorting out my medical kit now, writing down all the things that may deviate me from 'Wooo this is awesome" to "OMG I can see the bone!!" to just plain old leeches. In a place where a mere flesh wound can turn septic in 24hrs, I need to be prepared.
Time has dragged till now...3 weeks is going to fly! Let the freak out begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment