Thursday, July 14, 2011

I guess you're wondering about the title....

This isn't my first trip overseas but it is my first one dedicated to climbing and hiking. I've always been madly in love with not being inside and since June last year climbing has been a huge focus of my life (aside from my amazing partner who is ever supporting of my addiction to climbing). To be involved in a sport that requires so much patience, hard work and dedication, among many other attributes, has been incredible! The people this sport draws are a different breed, I love 'em!
I chose the title because this affair with climbing didn't happen overnight, and it will never end.

I'm heading to Laos and Thailand mainly, hiking, riding, rafting and climbing my way through 2 incredible countries! The research about climbing has been scarce for Laos, climbing hasn't exactly taken off here...yet. There is a German couple in Tha Kahek who are starting a little eco climbing centre there ( http://greenclimbershome.com/ ) I'm going to visit them when I get there. These guys are aiming high, it's going to be amazing! I have figured out though, that if I can get my grades up around the 22/23 mark then the climbing will be endless...Not far to go! But no matter what grades I'm climbing this trip is going to be incredible!

I wanted to create this blog to give people something else to go off until there is a climbing guide to Laos. There is some scripture out there but it's not hugely detailed and I keep hearing about places to climb but that's as far as it goes. So I hope my blog can give you some idea of what to expect if you're planning a similar trip.On the plus side though, the lack of publicity means it will stay hidden for a lot longer!

Well, that's a rough idea of what I'm doing here, I hope you enjoy reading about my journey and get the urge to do it yourself! This trip is done on a tight budget as well, so it should be interesting! I leave on the 11th of August from Melbourne, Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment